- This event has passed.
From the Mountains to the Sea
December 6, 2015 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
A lovely outdoor classroom along the LA River is the venue for a Conversation about Water, Biodiversity and the LA River with artists, scientists and educators:
- Dietrich Schuhl (Harvard-Westlake, Environmental Science, Dean of Faculty),
- Mike Antos (Cal State Northridge, Director CSN Center for Water Resilience)
- Jeff Hutchison (Tree People, Community Education Manager, Sustainable Solutions)
- Citizen Science biologist from the Natural History Museum of LA County
- Moderated by Cynthia Hirschhorn
World renowned LA artist Damian Elwes will also discuss his life-size paintings of Colombian Cloud Forests and the Great Barrier Reef to be reproduced soon on ceramic tiles for a Mountains to Sea Civic Art Garden.
This event is presented by Unycyn Civic Arts in coordination with The Village Gardeners and VisionLA ’15 Climate Action Arts Festival.